Monday, April 19, 2010

Spring Fling Scrapbook Retreat










I didn't think spring was ever going to come, but it finally did just in time for my Spring Fling Scrapbook Retreat.  Even though we were inside, there were plenty of flowers everywhere . . . that is . . . on scrapbook layouts!! 

For our layout contest the pages had to be either related to spring or have flowers on the pages.  Our two winners were Julie and Kristy.  Julie won first prize with her spring layout and Kristy won second place.  She had lots of pretty flowers accenting her baby layout.

We also had our theme project contest.  The ladies decorated flower pots.  I always have so much fun doing this contest because it  is fun to see the creativity put into the projects.  We had four contestants and the winning flower pot was Jean's "cuss pot." 

We did not have a grand prize for the raffle drawings.  Instead I had about five different drawings with themed scrapbook prizes.  So everyone was a grand winner!!

We did something a little different at this retreat.  We had ditigal scrapbookers join us.   My friend, Heidi with Heritage Makers, also wanted to have a retreat the same weekend so she suggested we join together. It was fun to see how layouts can be put together on the computer. 

I want to thank everyone who has been coming to my retreats.  We have had a lot of fun.  I have enjoyed getting to know everyone.  Quite a few of you have come to more than one of my retreats and I really appreciate it.  Some of you have been to all four of my retreats!!  I hope you have enjoyed yourselves as much as I have.  I plan on having at least three retreats a year. . . winter, spring and the fall.  I also may be planning a summer scrapbook retreat at my barn house.  I will keep you posted!!  Thanks again everyone!!


No comments:

Post a Comment